Landmark Consulting’s Control Tower approach optimises the management of hospital outpatient appointments, making it easier to schedule emergency, new and follow-up appointments.
Clinics achieve higher utilisation, patients are seen earlier, clinical outcomes are improved and hospital staff experience far less stress.
Our latest paper on the Control Tower approach is at 12-11-12 MBE Control Tower Paper v2.4 (Final Submitted).
A typical Control Tower project:
- Agrees overall goals, and where best to start
- Agrees underpinning principles with clinical leaders
- Identifies available data on patient bookings. and feeds this into a visual planning system that informs the management of variation in demand and provision
- Coaches the planning team on how to optimise patient bookings and resources
- Quantifies and communicates financial and non-financial benefits in order to sustain continual improvement